Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 36-38

Day 36 (Saturday)
So today was my day to just jump back into it.  It was chest, shoulders and triceps.  I think this may be one of my favorite workouts.  It's my favorite because 1.  It's NOT cardio and 2.  I REALLY feel great afterwards even though I'm sore.  Let's me know I gave it my all.  Ab ripper X went pretty well.  It wasn't like the week before so I'm guessing I was having trouble because of me being sick.

Day 37 (Sunday)
Plyo hell once again.  I HATE HATE HATE this workout.  I don't think I will ever like it even when it is day 90.  Legs are just NOT my thing.  I pushed it though and worked out until I thought my heart would explode out of my chest (I GOTTA get myself a heart monitor).  I'm still not doing the bonus rounds in Plyo, but I told my husband that by third month I plan to.  That's my goal with the plyo (well that and doing the rock star hops without peeing myself every time....hey, I've had four kids people...)

Day 38 (Monday)
Back and Biceps.  Today just was NOT happening.  It started out bad and went to worse.  I only have 5lb dumbells and those have been working for me just fine until I got to this one.  My husband has a cheapy little set he got from Wal-Mart that can switch from 5 to 15 to 25.  Problem is the 15 and 25 were too heavy.  We kept having to stop the DVD every few minutes to mess with the weights.  Tomorrow I head out and get myself an 8 and 10 pound set of weights.  I should have just used the bands, but I have a hard time maintaining proper form with them and I had them set up over the door to do my pull ups.  On TOP of all the drama with the weights, my kids were playing in the backyard at the time we were trying to work out.  The two year old turned on the water hose and was getting herself wet and letting water into the house...then she stepped in dog poop and went on the trampoline...and, well, you get the picture.  It was at that time I called it.  We quit the DVD shortly after the towel pull ups.

Feeling pretty crummy today for not getting in a decent workout, but at least I pushed play.  That's more than I did last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment