Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 56-58

Day 56 was a rest day, and I was going to try and make up Kenpo from the day before but I ended up watching my gorgeous little niece that day, it was a trade off I was willing to take!

Day 57 (Saturday) began my phase 2 "rest" week.  Funny thing is the "rest" weeks are always harder on me because they are really not a rest, but just a rest from the weights and resistance.  This means cardio and more cardio, which is where I totally suck.  Yesterday though was Yoga and I still can't begin to say enough positive things about Yoga.  My 8 year old son sat and watched me do yoga.  He tripped out at some of the moves (especially crane, which I'm still not able to do yet, but I'm getting closer).  He was a sweetie, he wanted to jump in and help me when I started to tumble.  He said "I'm afraid you will get hurt mom!"  I explained that I would be just fine, and that me falling over every now and again is normal.

I just can't get over how freaking awesome I feel when I'm done with Yoga.  It is truly like a massage of the central nervous system and it's amazing.  I did the "ohm's" at the end for the first time.  I felt pretty silly doing it but I felt great afterwards (and it really isn't a crazy cult thing, it's just massaging your vocal chords and stuff).   My son got a huge kick from the ohms.

Day 58 (Sunday).  I did core this morning.  It totally kicked my ass.  I think I was sweating more than I ever did in plyo, and I'm not sure how.  Core totally wiped me out.

I have a confession to make.  I had donuts for breakfast.  I shouldn't have because I felt just awful afterwards.  I also had pizza and wings the night before.  Then the night before that it was my anniversary and I went to Macaroni grill and had very fattening pasta and cheesecake.  I have to admit, I have SUCKED on my diet this week.  It's like two meals a day I can stick to it then I just completely BLOW it.  Thankfully I haven't gained any, and I'm still getting plenty of compliments from my hubby on how I'm looking lately.  I went and saw some family members today that I haven't seen since I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter back in August (that's when I was 193 pounds and looking like a swollen beached whale in a black and white dress at my brother in law's wedding.   Dear God what was I thinking wearing black and white when I was THAT big?)  Anyhow, family members, today, back on track now....they kept saying how skinny I looked!  ME?  SKINNY?  REALLY?  Wow.  I think I was on cloud nine the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment