Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 86

I had missed Plyo for the past two weeks, so I was determined to do it today.  I finally popped the DVD in around 4:30 in the evening.

Five minutes into the DVD doing deep prayer squats and then a series of what feels like a hundred lunges I realized a few things.  1.  I still hate Plyo with a passion.  2.  I still NEED plyo and it's essential to my weight loss and workout regimen and 3.  This workout was going to kick my butt today.

By not doing Plyo the last two weeks, I have really set myself back quite a bit.  Who would have thought ONE workout would pack such a punch.

Tony starts in telling us not to eat for at LEAST one hour before the workout.  Thankfully I had about half a box of vanilla wafers about half an hour ago followed by that large diet Dr. Pepper....


So, Plyo was still as excruciating as ever.  I still CAN'T do plyo jumps or rock star hops without feeling like I'm going to upchuck then pee my pants.  Both results of having four kids.  My insides are just not where they should be and when I jump it feels like my stomach goes into my neck.  The pee thing, well, gals you know...


I find myself quoting Tony throughout the DVD.  I practically have these things memorized.  I know that leg is on FIRE...it BURNS, and it's SUPPOSED to burn!   I've started to modify my moves to take the impact out of it, and my knees have been thanking me for that.


I did NOT do the bonus round.  I was lucky to make it to the end of the regular round without killing myself.

So.  I feel like I have epically failed these past few weeks.  I've eaten whatever I've felt like eating, and I've skipped workouts for several reasons.  This technically should be my last week, followed by a rest week next week, but I'm thinking of extending it two extra weeks and seeing what that does for me.  I'll decide that by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment