Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 13 - Kenpo

I really wanted to start this at day one, but life is busy and time has gotten away from me.

Week one I missed two days of working out, so technically this is my first FULL week of p90X.  Last week I missed Kenpo and Legs and Back, but got back on track this week.  Hubby and I are doing this together and we realized we needed Friday's to be our rest day with our active schedule, so we started our week two on Saturday the 20th.

So, here is my review so far of the workout plan.  It is TOUGH.  REALLY tough.  Each day though I surprise myself with how much more I can do and how much stronger my body is becoming, and this is only week two.  The first time I did ab ripper X I could barely get through a few exercises.  Now I'm completing about 75% of them.  This is a HUGE accomplishment for me.

The days I love:  chest and back , arms and shoulders, Kenpo (I did that today for the first time and it was so TOUGH but SO fun at the same time.)  My 8 year old thought Kenpo was fun.  He tried to do the moves with me.  I think mom earned some respect tonight.

The days I loathe:  Plyo, Yoga and Legs and Back.  I thought the arm exercises were going to be the ones that killed me, turns out it's the legs.  After my first day of Plyo, it was excruciating to go up and down my stairs for a few days.

I'm sticking to the diet pretty well.  I went to my mom's today and she had cherry pie there.  I passed it up.  This is HUGE.  My hubby and I give ourselves one day to indulge a week and that will be tomorrow, but I'm sure my tummy will not be happy with me feeding it garbage, so I still plan on eating pretty decent.  Missing out on my carbs for the first few days was killer, but now it's not so hard.

So, week one I'm down two pounds.  I started this at 153 and I'm at 151 now.  I know the scale can be an enemy since muscle weighs more than fat, so I'm going to have to rely on my 30 day photos to show me my true results.

No comments:

Post a Comment