Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 92

Technically this post SHOULD have been two weeks ago...however with my husband being sick, and me being lazy on summer vacation with my kids, I decided to wait until he jumped back in it with me.

That was yesterday, day ONE (again) Phase 2 of P90X.  It was chest and back, and it was brutal.

Today I'm on day 2, or day 92 however you wish to look at it.  Today was Plyo.  I still hate Plyo.  Hate it.  Hate it.  Hate it.  I always feel like such a train wreck afterwards, it's a wonder I was able to accomplish anything today.  It was brutal.  Not as brutal as day TWO of phase one, but more brutal than it would have been if I hadn't gone on hiatus for over a week.

I realized something today while renewing my drivers license, when I got the license four years ago I was at 140 pounds.   I have since had two kids and I'm at 147 now, which isn't too bad for me being in my thirties.  A old friend from high school saw my blog here on P90X and she told me that I'm the only woman who she knows who has carried four babies and still looks good.  What a great compliment that was!  That gave me the motivation I needed yesterday to wake up at 6am and push play.

While doing the DVD yesterday I saw how teeny the gal was on it, and I told my husband, "wow, she looks great, but I will NEVER be that thin, I just don't have that kind of frame."  He looked at me and said "You are FINALLY getting it!"  I'm finally realizing that not all women are built the same, and that I just need to realize to love the skin I'm in, and be comfortable with the body style God has given me.  I was comfortable with myself last summer, pregnant and 193 pounds, and I'm comfortable with myself now.  It doesn't mean that I can't strive for a better body, but I need to learn to be satisfied with who I am, inside and out.  (that's my deep thought for the day)...

I'm heading down to Texas tomorrow for my nephews graduation.  My sister has the P90X DVD's, but I'm not sure where she is on the program, or if she has started yet, but it would be a blast to do some Yoga and some other workouts with her this week....we will see what happens.  I'm not PLANNING to work out on my vacation.  I'm just gonna get as many days in this week as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment